Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gears of War Movie Rights Secured

New Line, the makers of my favorite game-turned-movie Mortal Kombat, has secured the rights to make a Gears of War movie written by Stuart Beattie, the writer of Collateral. Although certainly not the first game to movie franchise IP, I cannot help but feel that more games will be made into movies.

Gears of War: The Movie

Most game movies either suck, do not stay true to the game, or both. The only two I can remember liking are Mortal Kombat (only the first one) and Doom (I'm not exactly sure why I liked this one, probably because the plot wasn't totally stock and still managed to fit the game). They fall victim to the exact same problem that famous movies-turned-games do: reliance on a name to make an otherwise crap product saleable. Lets see if GoW works out better than most.

No comments: