Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Burger King's Gaming Empire

While Microsoft may have claimed victory for its sales figures over the holiday season, Burger King's game empire sold more than 3.2 million copies of its super-bootleg games in the fourth quarter of this year! At four dollars a pop with the purchase of a value meal, BK has really stepped up the whole get a toy with your shitty meal concept. In fact, their profits for the quarter jump up 40% from $27 million in 2005 to $38 million in 2006.

Fast Food Gaming Nation

As little as I like the fast food industry, except for Taco Bell and In-N-Out, I have to give the guys at BK some props. I don't even own an Xbox, and I still curious to see these games (signs that I may like video games a bit too much). The absolute ridiculousness of "The King" ads on TV, almost makes me want to go out and buy them anyway. Notice the almost.

No comments: